• A project for mi madre

    So this is a project that I thought up mmm last May. I decided I was going to make a quilt for my mother-in-law. They had just bought a new house and she was clearly going to need a fresh new quilt for her living room!

    Well here we are 8 months later and I finally sat down and made some real progress on this. I knew that I wanted to do a similar layout to what Camille did in this blog post with Summersville. I love the clean lines because I wanted to use bold fabrics to give some nice color for my in-laws new living room.  I decided that the color scheme of Maya by Anthology Fabrics was perfect, as my MIL loves red and yellow.

    I added some coordinating reds, yellows and teals fill in the gaps and give it more depth.


    The blocks are about 10" x 10" after using 2.5" strips of fabric.


    I kinda thought I'd cut enough fabric to make a big enough quilt, but I ended up with only enough for 14 blocks. I tried to lay it out with 12 and do some cool border with remaining strips, but I think I will have to bite the bullet and press on with more block making.


    Since this is a long overdue project, I'm hoping to get the top done ASAP, so be on the look out for more updates to come!

    0 comments → A project for mi madre

    Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover